Systems Lab 21 GmbH is a young IT engineering company enabling the digital future of Europe’s railway system. We are searching for engaged software engineers who are looking for an impact on sustainable mobility, their own work environment, and technical solutions.
Our mission is to make rail travels in Germany and Europe more efficient and reliable by streamlining the planning, testing, and commissioning of Digital Railway Infrastructures.
We are very well networked with operators such as DB Netz (German Railway) and SBB (Swiss Railway), as well as with manufacturers and approval bodies. For them, we demonstrate technical feasibility in research projects, provide an integration platform (EULYNX Live) and advise on strategic technology decisions.
Our solutions are coordinated with European standardization committees, which makes them applicable in many European countries.
About the Position
We are seeking an Agile Project Lead with a deep understanding of both the software development lifecycle and railway domain. This individual will be responsible for bridging the gap between software development teams and railway operations to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope, and in alignment with industry standards.
- You will focus on leading client projects centered around command, control and signalling systems as well as test automation and system integration.
- You have a knack for building trustful relationships and keep transparency throughout all project phases.
- You are detail-oriented when it comes to requirements analysis and support with technical and non-technical documentation, backlog management and maintaining relevant artifacts.
- You are creative in applying agile methodology inside of existing client and industry processes, coaching and guiding team and client along the way.
- You enjoy livening up your work environment and engaging with colleagues.
- You bring openness, flexibility and ambition to develop yourself further and are to open new problem areas.
- We are a service provider for our customers: You come into personal contact and develop your own ideas to solve their problem. You consult clients and carefully implement solutions within the given timeframe.
- Your background is most likely in transportation or software engineering but you may have entered the tech and/or railway sector in different ways (e.g. coming from business administration, psychology or any other field).
- You have since broadened your profile to encompass agile skills (e.g. as a Scrum Master or Product Owner), facilitation and moderation and ideally project management and financial planning
- Existing experience in the railway and Command, Control and Signalling domain are a big plus (ETCS, EULYNX, Interlocking and Safety Logic, etc), but not strictly required - we will need you to dive into the world with us, however, and familiarize yourself with technical specifications, standards, processes and the fascinating but complicated landscape of European railways
- Written and spoken fluency in both the English and German language is a must (national requirements are written in national languages)
- Fluency in other European languages is a plus (e.g. French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, ...)
- Experience with functional safety, regulatory standards and related development processes is a big plus (V-Model, EN50126 ff. etc.)
- We already have a profitable business that is fully owned by the founders, without outside investors. However, nothing is set in stone, and we are jointly responsible for growing a company worth working for.
We are not looking for someone who can tick all boxes, but who is willing to grow into these varied domains. Your key skill is absorbing information and combining it in new domains.
- Senior: 67,000 - 80,000 EUR/year
- Mid: 48,000 - 65,000 EUR/year
About Systems Lab 21 GmbH
Currently situated in Potsdam Griebnitzsee on a green, modern science campus next to a lake and close to Berlin, we are a small team of engineers who want to bring positive change to European mobility – both technically as well as culturally. In our mindset, creative exploration and designing dependable software architectures are always connected.
We believe in lean principles, fast decision processes, autonomy and joint ownership of our business and solutions.
To support this close collaboration, we currently work 3 days per week onsite in Potsdam and grant you full flexibility to work from anywhere for the remaining time. You don't have to worry about the Öffi fare, we will cover your monthly public transport ticket for the Berlin ABC zone fully.
Outstanding software engineering is our core competence. We deliver working software in a short period of time and use our expertise to find scalable and long-term solutions for the new challenges of the rail sector.
Rather than just fruit baskets and free soft drinks, we offer you a real opportunity to make a large scale, purposeful impact on our future and a competitive salary.
How to apply
We currently use a two-stage hiring process. In the first conversation we discuss the general fit of your qualifications and career goals and your motivation. If things look good, we will ask you to submit a work sample (e.g. in shape of a coding exercise for developers) which will be reviewed and discussed in the second interview. We then come back to you with as much quality feedback as we can, including a potential offer. We strive to make a timely decisions (within 1-2 weeks) after your last interview.
Please apply through email at firstname.lastname@example.org with an up-to-date CV or LinkedIn profile, a short description of the role you're interested in and why you're applying. Work samples or GitHub profile are appreciated but optional.Hiring manager: